Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies. This role will report to the Director of Marketing Research and will be part of the Insights team, but will be based from our Central Specialty Pet business unit in Franklin, WI. At Central Specialty Pet, we work in a casual office environment where jeans are allowed every day! And we love animals so much, that our office employees can have caged pets at work: fish, hamsters, guinea pigs and lizards are all part of the team!
Our offices are conveniently located in the Franklin, WI Business Park within minutes of local restaurants and stores. In addition to great pay and work environment, employees are eligible for discounts on pet products, Verizon and AT&T cell phone discounts, medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401k with match! You will also receive free life and disability coverage and discounts on movie tickets, sporting events, travel and more. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information or visit our branded sites such as www.kaytee.com or www.aqueon.com to learn more about our great products and the furry friends we love!
Have a passion for Pets? Want to be at the forefront of “Applying” Data & Analytics to drive growth for our Aquatic, Reptile, Small Animal, and Bird division? Want to work cross functionally with Marketing, Finance, and Sales with consumer behavior led insights? Come join the Central Team!
The Market Research Manager will identify opportunities and risks for Central’s Specialty Pet division by connecting consumer behavioral data with marketplace realities. With a unique purview of Category/Competitor strategies, the Market Research Manager will identify pockets of opportunities. This role provides a unique opportunity to drive Marketing Strategies on Core Growth, Innovation, Consumer Spend, In-Store Merchandising by developing and fielding consumer and shopper research combined with analyzing syndicated consumer purchase behavior information.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; Master's degree desired.
- 5 years progressive experience, with 3 years or more related experience conducting consumer research and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 or more years’ experience with consumer-packaged goods industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing research methods and techniques. Digital and mobile research experience a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with survey design software a plus (Sawtooth and/or Qualtrics proficiency a plus).
- Proficiency with SPSS, Q, Marketsight, or other statistical software a plus
- Moderator certification (RIVA) a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple short- and long-term projects.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate research findings clearly and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Office is in Franklin, WI which is 10-minute drive to Milwaukee and 45 minutes from the Northern Chicago Suburbs.
- Requires the ability to travel approximately 10%-15% of the time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.