GMR Marketing is an innovative globalexperiential and sponsorshipleader that exists to create memories that matter.
By decoding human behavior, GMR designs experiences that enrich life's stories through shared passions, driving meaningful business results that change the way people, think, feel and behave.
GMR pioneered experiential marketing in 1979 and believes experience matters today more than ever. The agency creates, consults and activates in more than 70 countries, covering every continent from 23 offices in 12 countries. GMR is headquartered in the United States and is part of Omnicom Group, Inc.
An experienced professional to work with GMR Client Consulting & Services, Strategy and Business Development in a thought leadership and senior consulting role, to bring innovative research program designs to the agency that maximize ROI. Someone who can provide these services across our global agency footprint.
A person who can analyze and present research to planners and/or other internal stakeholders such as: Creatives and Client Service & Consulting while interpreting data to uncover insights, patterns, white space, etc. Someone who will ensure all deliverables required from the group, internally and externally, are met in an efficient and timely manner and can identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to client business.
This role impacts short & long-term strategic decision-making grounded in consumer and customer understanding. In this role, the Research Manager provides strategic thought leadership through actionable insights/recommendations about customer and consumer needs, attitudes, behaviors, and emotional connections to brands that drive purchasing behavior. He/she is responsible for helping the organization focus on the most value-driven initiatives and insights, based on analysis of consumer/market trends and innovation in the experiential marketing space.
- Passionately seize a role of influence within the Strategy & Research team and seek to drive more efficient and effective decision making through his/her work and a genuine curiosity towards the customer/consumer/vertical markets
- Partner in identifying, developing and championing business objectives and strategies by providing guidance to business teams in identifying key business issues and opportunities grounded in consumer and customer understanding
- Mine culture for trends, emerging signals and movements that are happening across the globe for experiential application
- Effectively conduct small and large research initiatives that include identification of business objectives, selection of appropriate methodology (primary/secondary research), design of surveys, interviews, or other data collection instruments (40% category and consumer trends research from secondary sources, 30% primary research (qualitative and quantitative), 30% mentoring/professional and departmental development)
- Present executive learning and insights as a basis for strategic decision making
- Demonstrate superior creative thinking and significant judgement to lead cross-functional teams toward decisions with measurable/actionable impact
- Innovate with new methodologies, processes and tools to continually improve the research team’s approaches