SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
About SSM Health:
SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. The organization’s more than 40,000 employees and 10,000 providers are committed to providing exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve. With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 24 hospitals, more than 300 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
The Marketing and Communications Liaison, under the guidance of the Communications Manager and Marketing Manager, supports the work of SSM Health as a part of the Wisconsin Region Marketing and Communications Team. The role’s primary focus is ensuring consistent marketing, internal and external communications, including media relations, community events and crisis communication. All work will be done in alignment with the regional marketing and communications strategy and work plans.
- Participates in strategic development of ministry/geography-specific marketing and communications plans based on regional and local strategies, in partnership with regional Marketing and Communications Managers.
- Coordinates and implements the marketing and communications strategies to increase awareness of SSM Health services for assigned ministry/geography, in alignment with the regional team, plans, metrics and resources.
- Maintains and grows key relationships and partnerships with local community stakeholders and organizations.
- Works with the Community Health Needs Assessment team to ensure we are providing useful community benefits to the assigned ministry/geography and will facilitate some tracking to continually improve results. This role also supports local CBISA reporting for the assigned ministry/geography.
- Participates in local community events; attends dinners and special events when asked and works to engage staff to be SSM Ambassadors in the community.
- Leads local ministry crisis communication and represents SSM with the media, as needed. Willingness to respond to media calls on nights and weekends.
- Conducts media training as needed with physicians and leadership.
- Tracks and maintains ROI metrics and monitors competitive landscape for marketing and public relations.
- Serves as emergency preparedness point person for assigned ministry/geography.
- Willingness to work nights/weekends in the event of organizational crises, rapid changes or inclement weather events/closures.
- Leads local ministry social media efforts in collaboration with regional communications team and regularly contributes timely health stories for use online both internally and externally.
- Develops relationships and coordinates with leadership, physicians and clinical operations teams to develop, inform and implement marketing and communications.
Competitive Salary and Benefits:
Benefits Statement: Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.