Our small but mighty team (www.exfabula.org/staff/) works partly from home and partly from 5Wise co-working space at 35th/National. The schedule is variable with some evenings and weekends required; weekly in-person meetings will take place during regular business hours.
This position is not just a job – it’s a lifestyle. However, it’s a lifestyle that includes self-care, creativity, continual learning, vulnerability, conversations about identity, and the pursuit of beloved community – as part of a team that has each other’s backs.
- Create and implement marketing and communications strategies that build awareness of Ex Fabula and increase community engagement in our programs. Regularly evaluate the success of the strategies and refine them in response to changing needs.
- Manage all aspects of media / public relations including creating and distributing press releases, responding to media inquiries, and representing Ex Fabula at events.
- Gather event information from the Program Director and Youth Engagement Specialist and use it to develop and produce event marketing materials, including flyers and posters, e-newsletters, social media campaigns, print mailings, and ads for Google Adwords and other platforms.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to grow the number of Ex Fabula members by designing and sending print and e-mail solicitations and updating Ex Fabula membership materials.
- Manage Ex Fabula’s social media platforms (currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube but these may be updated in the marketing strategy).
- Maintain and update Ex Fabula’s WordPress website so that customers have a great user experience. Includes posting products and events to our WooCommerce e-ticketing platform and blogs, updating project pages, monitoring web traffic, and working with a contractor to resolve technical problems as needed.
- Collaborate with storytelling coaches and volunteers who support marketing and communications efforts by tabling at community events, writing blog posts, and taking snapshots / videos.
- Contract and oversee designers, event photographers, audio engineers, and radio show hosts; ensure that all deliverables are organized in Ex Fabula’s files and shared with partners.
- Secure media sponsors for Ex Fabula programs and document trade agreements; create images or copy for media partners according to the agreed upon timelines.
- Produce Real Stories Milwaukee on 89.7 WUWM; includes consulting Ex Fabula staff as needed for story selection and producing episodes in collaboration with contracted hosts and audio engineer, as well as the WUWM team.
- Oversee and manage the marketing budget; includes participating in annual budget preparation.