The Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) is innovating the way people across southeast Wisconsin get to work, school, medical appointments, entertainment and anywhere else they need to go. With a fleet of 370 clean-diesel buses and a dedicated team of 1,100 drivers, mechanics and administrative staff, MCTS provides nearly 29 million rides each year and generates a massive economic impact for the region.
Known around the world for the award-winning MCTS Excellence program, MCTS is proud to offer outstanding customer service and state-of-the-art features including clean-diesel buses, Real-Time tracking information, the Ride MCTS app, and the reusable smart card M•CARD. We’re continually working to improve rider experience, connectivity, efficiency and sustainability, and we have some exciting things on the horizon!
- Associate’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related discipline. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in marketing, communications, public relations, media relations, journalism, broadcasting, or associated field.
- Three (3) years supervisory experience.
- Must be available 24/7 for emergency incidents (crisis communications), and during non-traditional work hours (including evenings and weekends) for presence at various special events and meetings.
- Experience in strategic planning and project management.
Knowledge Skills and Abilitites:
- Considerable knowledge of Adobe Creative Products such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro with the ability to create content for marketing and communication purposes.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work with minimal direction and maximum initiative.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Factors:
- Ability to effectively provide both oral and written communications requiring good verbal expression, satisfactory hearing and eyesight clarity sufficient to read.
- Ability to attend in-person events in the community.
- Ability to work on-site (a hybrid work schedule is available, but not exclusively).
- Work is frequently conducted in an office and sometimes in a community environment or at other facility sites relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards.
- Physical requirements are those described as sedentary work, which includes exerting ten (10) pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently and/or constantly having to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
The above are general requirements that must be met for consideration. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of job qualifications or job duties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age; protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.