Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
1. Supervise assigned employees to include hiring, training, developing, evaluating, disciplining and recommending personnel actions in accordance with contractual agreements and College policies and procedures.
2. Lead and coordinate assigned employees to develop and implement on-going college-wide marketing strategies including brand strategy, accuracy of information and creative development for digital, print, media, and website efforts.
3. Collaborate with College Executives, deans, associate deans and/or department managers to determine needs, develop direction, and integrate marketing, public relations, and recruiting efforts on a deadline driven timeline.
4. Lead or participate in cross-functional teams to plan, coordinate and implement consistent marketing direction for new systems/applications.
5. Contract with and direct the activities of outside agencies/businesses to effectively advertise the College through a variety of digital media, print publications, billboards and radio channels.
6. Contract with and direct the activities of outside printers to print marketing publications including magazines, brochures, programs and flyers.
7. Manage the department budget.
8. Compile data/analytics and create various reports as required for projects and analysis.
9. Participate in College and statewide marketing committees and meetings, including coordination with statewide marketing efforts.
10. Maintain current professional/ technical knowledge through professional education and activities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of new and current marketing practices
• Knowledge of communications, advertising and graphic arts/design concepts
• Understanding of branding, social media and web design principles and guidelines
• Knowledge of budget preparation
• Effective interpersonal communication skills - oral, written and listening
• Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing priorities with an aptitude to work under pressure and/or tight deadlines
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal (staff, management, personnel) and external contacts (clients, consultants, vendors, etc.).
• Ability to manage time, organize work and plan large-scale strategic campaigns
• Ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to work processes
• Ability to work independently, as part of a team and/or with minimal supervision
• Intermediate level of proficiency with computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations and/or publishing