1. Capitalize on sharing and telling the stories of DSHA through writing pieces for DSHA’s major publications including The Word Magazine, the DSHA Annual Report, and DSHA.info.
2. Create and execute digital content for all of DSHA’s social media platforms multiple times daily, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn, specifically focused on school happenings and student stories that capture the mission and vision of DSHA with the goal of engaging parents, students, alumnae, prospective families, donors, and friends of DSHA. Assist with creating and execute a plan to ensure that all areas and departments of the school are appropriately covered, working with staff school-wide to capture engaging content through photo, video, and written content. Ensure current social media execution trends are being utilized including stories, reels, etc., in addition to regular content posts. This includes both publishing and monitoring post engagement. Executes DSHA’s social media strategy and modifies the strategy based on trends and analytics.
3. Write all Annual Fund appeal and acknowledgement letters, along with other development communications as needed, to support fundraising efforts at DSHA. Assist with recruitment letters as needed, including annual tuition letter, parent perspective acceptance letters, and others as needed.
4. Alongside of the Director of Digital Marketing, coordinate, edit, and execute the bi-weekly Parent eNews, to optimize and improve this important digital publication.
5. Work alongside of the VP of Marketing and Communications to fulfill earned media placements by writing press releases with the goal of expanding media coverage.
6. Makes updates to DSHA.info as needed throughout the year, working alongside of the VP of Marketing & Communications and the Director of Digital Marketing as directed. Assists with training staff school-wide on updating DSHA.info.
7. Manage the conception, creation, development and execution of the Annual Report publication.
8. Write and submit 8-10 major proposals per year; including but not limited to determining the high-level strategic direction of the proposal, working through the details of the proposal (including budget) and managing any group action associated with the project.
9. Serve as a department proof-reader on all public-facing materials.
10. Assist in the planning and development of creative strategy to share stories through the various DSHA outlets and platforms with the goal of increasing recruitment and fundraising outreach.
11. Incorporate and maintain DSHA’s mission and vision throughout all communications-based projects, maintaining DSHA’s brand standard and voice.
12. Complete other duties as required.