The United Community Center (UCC), is a non-profit on the south side of Milwaukee serving the community with a wide variety of social service programs for more than 45 years. UCC helps youth and families achieve their potential by focusing on the well being of families and individuals and by promoting Hispanic cultural heritage. The agency offers services to the community in the areas of cultural arts, recreation, education, and health and human services. It is the largest Latino human services provider in the state of Wisconsin. Nearly 20,000 people benefit from services annually.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related degree along with at least 7-10 years of experience with management of media relations and marketing project management with a broad range of experience and knowledge across all marketing functions from events, volunteer management, digital communications, and fundraising.
Superior and proven project management skills a must along with excellent writing skills and strong interpersonal communication.
Past experience in a supervisory role desired.
We are seeking a proactive and self-motivated professional who can work well independently and in a team; Bilingual in written and spoken Spanish strongly desired.
- Project Management Skills – With the variety of roles, this position requires someone with superior project management skills and proven ability to manage many priorities at once while staying organized and communicating clearly.
- Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension, expresses ideas and thoughts verbally, keeps others adequately informed, and selects appropriate communication methods.
- Mental flexible and agile Mission Driven – committed to agency mission and service mentality
- Dependability - Commits to doing the best job possible; highly organized with proven large scale project management experience.
- Quality – Produces high-quality work, improves processes and measures key outcomes.
- Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies and demonstrates required skills.