The American College of Healthcare Executives is an international professional society of more than 40,000 healthcare executives who lead hospitals, healthcare systems and other healthcare organizations.
ACHE is known for its prestigious FACHE® credential, signifying board certification in healthcare management, and its educational programs including the annual Congress on Healthcare Leadership, which draws more than 4,000 participants each year. ACHE's established network of more than 80 chapters provides access to networking, education and career development at the local level. In addition, ACHE is known for its periodicals, the Journal of Healthcare Management and Frontiers of Health Services Management, as well as groundbreaking research, career development and public policy programs. ACHE's publishing division, Health Administration Press, is one of the largest publishers of books and journals on all aspects of health services management including textbooks for use in college and university courses. Through such efforts, ACHE works toward its goal of being the premier professional society for healthcare executives dedicated to improving healthcare delivery.
Located in downtown Chicago, the association has a staff of 100, a budget of $24MM and total assets of $49MM. Values of the organization include integrity, lifelong learning, leadership and diversity. The organization is governed by a 15-person Board of Governors. Professionalism and educational advancement are core staff beliefs, with ongoing career development and enhancement. Several senior staff have been in their positions for more than 10 years, representing significant continuity and organizational commitment. ACHE staff members are recognized both nationally and locally within the association community as role models for the profession. For additional information, please see www.ache.org.
The purpose of this job is to promote the content and publications of the American College of Healthcare Executives in a manner that supports our vision, mission, and values.
This position collaborates on the creation of marketing and sales plans for Health Administration Press (HAP), the publishing division of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). The Marketing and Sales Specialist manages specific aspects of HAP’s promotional efforts, including digital activities and direct marketing campaigns. The role develops marketing content for distribution via various print and digital platforms and tracks, analyzes, and reports on results. The role will be accountable for the outcomes generated from these efforts and for recommending changes that will continuously improve results. This position also collaborates with marketing staff across the organization to cross-promote HAP-specific products and enhance other ACHE offerings, including educational programs and the top-rated Healthcare Executive magazine. The Marketing and Sales Specialist will be a key liaison to HAP’s fulfillment and marketing/sales partner.
1. Marketing Activities 60% of Time
A. Collaborates on marketing planning:
- Contributes to the development of the annual HAP marketing plan.
- Identifies target markets for HAP publications and develops strategies for reaching those markets. Partners with other ACHE divisions and HAP’s fulfillment and marketing/sales partner on similar efforts.
- Works with authors to develop marketing plans for specific publications. Fields author questions about marketing efforts.
- Provides HAP’s fulfillment and marketing/sales partner with core metadata and product descriptions to support their efforts; uploads metadata and electronic files into partner’s title management system.
B. Manages direct marketing projects:
- Develops strategic messaging for two distinct audiences—academic instructors and ACHE members/healthcare executives. Writes, proofs, and edits broadcast e-mails, catalogs, and brochures targeted to these audiences.
- Coordinates the production and distribution of projects, including the work of outside writers, designers, and printers.
- Cross-promotes HAP publications in ACHE materials, including seminar brochures, newsletters, and Healthcare Executive magazine.
- Collaborates with HAP’s fulfillment and marketing/sales partner(s) on their efforts to reach new audiences, including nonmembers, general consumers, and international outlets.
C. Reports on marketing efforts:
- Prepares reports on promotion effectiveness, including recommendations that will support future growth.
- Prepares sales reports and monthly updates as requested.
2. Digital Activities 25% of Time
A. Coordinates all HAP digital activities:
- Advances HAP’s presence on key social media outlets through a mix of content marketing and promotional strategies.
- Develops new website content and features that showcase HAP publications. Applies best practices in search engine optimization.
- Develops HAP-related broadcast e-mails, including the creation of content marketing that adds value to our efforts.
- Ensures the accuracy of all HAP offerings in netFORUM and within the fulfillment partner’s system.
3. Event Marketing 10% of Time
A. Manages exhibit arrangements and displays at meetings:
- Develops and implements the project plan for meetings. Creates event collateral and space signage, completes trade show forms, plans the exhibit space, and ensures materials are shipped and returned.
- Assists authors in promoting their books at non-ACHE speaking engagements.
4. Administrative Activities 5% of Time
A. Maintains records, files, and databases.