From our beginnings in 1906 as a Christian home for the elderly to a flourishing nonprofit organization with a continuum of care options for older adults, Lyngblomsten remains true to its Christian mission of compassionate care and innovative services for older adults.
Today Lyngblomsten offers independent housing with services, assisted living, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term healthcare, along with a variety of outreach programs for seniors living in their homes or apartments. A myriad of opportunities to volunteer, to donate, and to serve in an advisory capacity await those who wish to get involved with Christian ministry to seniors.
Lyngblomsten, an award-winning Christian nonprofit organization serving older adults through healthcare, housing, and community-based services, is hiring for a Marketing Communications Specialist (Graphics and Digital Emphasis). The specialist is responsible for producing and distributing a variety of materials through traditional and digital communication channels, with the goal of advancing Lyngblomsten’s communication and marketing objectives. This position is a blend of graphic design and digital marketing.
In this role, you’ll be:
- Designing a variety of print and digital pieces—including our flagship magazine, event invitations, annual reports, email and website graphics, signage, and much more—to advance our mission
- Helping brainstorm and deliver on projects for the opening of our brand-new senior living campus in Lino Lakes, Minnesota
- Contributing to our social media presence by creating compelling graphics and capturing photos of campus activities and company happenings
- Informing our constituents on their aging journey through website management, email communications, and advertisements
- Taking the lead as the main point of contact with our department’s vendors, especially print and signage
- Collaborating with our VP of Communications, executive directors, and other company leaders on a variety of projects
- And much, much more!
Want to know more? Check out the Key Responsibilities below.
- Design and produce print and publicity materials (e.g., magazine, brochures, invitations, programs, annual reports, signage) from start to finish, which includes copywriting, graphic design and desktop publishing, choosing correct file formats and sizes, placing text and photos, and proofreading
- Create components (e.g., text, graphics, online forms) for electronic distribution, including on websites, social media channels, email campaigns, and slideshows
- Prepare project files for turnover to printer and other vendors; interface with vendors, especially printing, signage, and mailhouse services
- Help maintain and optimize Lyngblomsten’s websites and online presence
- Help develop, execute, manage, and monitor digital marketing initiatives, specifically, social media, email campaigns (includes helping manage email lists), and digital ads
- Take photos and prepare them for print and digital use
- Advise clients (i.e., internal departments) on options, pricing, and pros-cons of strategies and tactics
- Communicate regularly with project stakeholders, helping to ensure deliverables meet the project vision, specifications, and timeline
- Work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed