Who We Are:
Northern Illinois Food Bank – a proud member of Feeding America – is the source of nutritious food, innovative feeding programs, and hope for more than half a million people each year. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a goal of solving hunger in our 13-county service area, we rely on our generous donors, volunteers, and community partners – the local food pantries and feeding programs, food manufacturers and retailers, companies, foundations and individuals who join with us in our vision for no one to be hungry in Northern Illinois.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Community Outreach and Engagement:
- Identify and develop strategic relationships within the Food Bank 13-county service area with goal of promoting food distributions and how neighbors can access food
- Provide marketing and awareness support for Food Bank agency network and our direct-to-neighbor programs – Mobile Pantry, SNAP and My Pantry Express.
- Represent Food Bank at community networking events, elected official visits, county and regional gatherings to promote hunger awareness and collaborative efforts which address the needs of the food insecure.
- Gather and report on data related to outreach efforts to inform communications strategy.
- Manages the Food Bank’s supply of promotional materials and other resources for awareness events, such as branded tents and giveaway materials.
- Develop presentations and prepare Food Bank staff and volunteers for external presentation opportunities at outreach events, including civic/service clubs and off-site food distribution events.
- Serve on a cross-functional advocacy team with policy knowledge experts and communicate externally key messages impacting the Food Bank.
- With the advocacy team and leadership, develop the Food Bank’s Advocacy Agenda annually.
- Build relationships with elected officials and their staff and engage them in the Food Bank’s work to solve hunger in Northern Illinois.
- Coordinate yearly advocacy trips to Washington D.C. (Anti-Hunger Policy Conference and Lobby Day) and Springfield (Illinois Hunger Commission Summit and Lobby Day), as well as in-market opportunities.
Other Marketing Support:
- Provide content and strategy input for social media posts focused on reaching neighbors in need or advocacy actions.
- Assist with managing production of communications pieces, including working with outside vendors to assure deadlines, budget and quality expectations are adhered to.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.