Established in 1969, the Marcus Performing Arts Center (MPAC) is the premier performing arts community gathering space in Southeastern Wisconsin, bringing high-quality arts and cultural programming to the region. As a mission-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, MPAC strives to act as a bridge between cultures and an energizing force for collaboration and advocacy in the community.
The touring Broadway Series, sponsored by Johnson Financial Group, is recognized as bringing the best of Broadway entertainment to Milwaukee since 1996. As a presenter, MPAC offers its own diverse arts and cultural programming and outreach. Additionally, the Marcus Performing Arts Center is home to a variety of resident arts partners.
Support the development, execution and measurement of marketing campaigns and media plans to promote Marcus Performing Arts Center programs, with the primary goals of driving sales to meet revenue targets and increasing and sustaining audiences. Serve as project coordinator for print materials and seasonal website updates, including organizing internal/external approvals, managing vendors, and maintaining budgets and deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in marketing, promotions, or advertising.
- Experience working in a non-profit arts or cultural institution
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- An interest in the arts and/or arts education
- Ability to be appreciative of diverse perspectives, and a commitment to the organization’s initiatives regarding racial equity, diversity, and inclusion (REDI) Data-driven and familiar with analytics programs to collect campaign data to assist in optimizing marketing campaigns
- Self-starter, desire to learn and contribute
- Highly collaborative
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously as well as the ability to adjust to frequent changes.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite helpful.
- Experience with ticketing software or CRM database a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.