The Marketing Analyst gathers, validates, maintains, analyzes and manipulates data used in marketing reporting and decision-making processes, supporting cross-departmental business goals, lead generation and sales. This position uses a variety of methods and tools to develop and document reports, executive summaries and recommendations that support ongoing marketing performance improvement and ad hoc research. The Marketing Analyst interprets data, identifies trends, establishes and uses benchmark data and presents data insights and information in clear, concise and useful formats, including data visualizations. This individual is responsible for the marketing department’s lead management and tracking software, data integrations, lead workflows and marketing data management.
- Creates, deploys, analyzes and reports on all multi-channel marketing campaigns, their performance and trends.
- Conducts marketing data analysis and produces marketing performance reports on leads, digital marketing, marketing campaigns, fulfillment and department goal progress.
- Serves as the primary administrator for the marketing department’s lead management and tracking software, email marketing automation software, lead workflows, data integrations, lead tracking, campaigns, duplicate management, unique phone numbers and URLs, performance reporting and alignment of cross-departmental business processes to support lead generation and sales.
- Digital tools including, but not limited to, Google Analytics will be used to measure digital campaign performance versus KPIs to determine return-on-investment (ROI) and make recommendations on improving future performance.
- Works with data visualization, query, and/or BI tools, such as Tableau and Power BI, to create comprehensive visualizations of complex information from integrated data sources and databases.
- Validates reports to ensure data accuracy. Understands and interprets prospect and lead data, campaign performance data, marketing performance reports and the analysis of marketing data to identify trends and opportunities.
- Makes recommendations for campaign improvements and optimizations by presenting information in clear, concise and useful formats.
- Leads the purchasing and loading of prospect lists and is responsible for prospect and lead data. Works with market research vendors and agencies, conducts market research data analysis and provides reports and executive summaries on actionable insights.
- In cooperation with marketing leaders, develops strategies and plans for effective lead management enhancements, reporting enhancements and process improvements.
- Manages projects and collaborates with various internal departments and functional areas to ensure effective and efficient reporting supporting marketing, departmental and corporate strategic priorities and goals.
- Participates in marketing and communications strategy development and campaign planning, bringing appropriate data forward to validate assumptions and drive decision making.