Full-Time (or Part-Time for the right candidate) Marketing Director
Renaissance Theaterworks’ Marketing Director leads all external communications and brand management with an emphasis on direct marketing, public relations and social media in support of our annual revenue goals. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for the arts and experience in communications, advertising, public relations and/or marketing. Come be a part of a tight knit, dynamic team! You will have the opportunity to shape your position in service to a unique mission. Build your career and your skillset with a company that is poised for growth. The Marketing Director is responsible for managing all aspects of strategic marketing and public relations including: continuity of brand image, advertising, promotions, community relations, digital and social media marketing, creative development of all communications and materials, and database/CRM marketing. The position reports to the Managing Director and participates in an annual review.
Type of Employment:
40 hours per week, must be willing to work some nights/weekends as needed. Open to part-time applicants with the skills and experience to tackle the role in less hours per week.
The Marketing Director is responsible for supporting Renaissance Theaterworks’ mission through publicizing and promoting Renaissance Theaterworks’ productions and company brand with the goal of meeting or exceeding budget requirements for single and subscription ticket sales. This person will be a part of the Renaissance Theaterworks team, working closely with the Managing Director, Artistic Director, Board of Directors, other RTW staff, box office staff, outside vendors, actors, production staff, and other theater companies, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement strategic marketing plan including subscription and single ticket sales strategies & branding strategies
- Coordinate content, design, printing and mailing of company publications and content and design of website, social media accounts, and email newsletter
- Create or coordinate graphic design of brochures, postcards, invitations, & other printed material
- Market non-mainstage events including Br!NK & special events
- Cultivate and maintain media relations
- Write and submit press releases to local and national media
- Coordinate advertising placement and production
- Manage content and production of front-of-house displays
- Maintain ticket database and analyze patron activity
- Monitor sales and project earned revenue throughout the season
- Manage box office activities, audience relations & cultivation
- Manage special event planning and collateral – chocolates, speakers, events
- Coordinate subscription sales with Managing Director
- Coordinate outreach with Development Manager & Artistic Director
- Manage Ticketing database input and maintenance
- Participate in staff meetings
- Attend board meetings & create marketing reports
- Attend and guide marketing and event committee meetings