Emerald City Theatre (ECT) is Chicago’s largest theater for young audiences, reaching children 0 – 15-years-old through its three pillars of work: artistic, education, and outreach. Serving an average of over 60,000 children and their grown-ups annually, the company has created over 100 productions in Lakeview, Lincoln Park, and Downtown Chicago.
ECT also builds skills in children through its yearly camps, classes, and residencies – the largest theater arts education program in Chicago, serving over 64,000 students to date and an average of 200 schools annually.
ECT’s signature outreach program, One Fund supports increased literacy among Chicago’s children by providing a free play and free companion book to low-resourced Chicago Public Schools students. In 2018, ECT provided 95,000 free books to CPS students in Kindergarten – 3rd grade as part of a partnership with Mary Pope Osborne, author of the Magic Tree Housebook series.
ECT’s lead supporters include AMITA Health, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, KPMG, Illinois Arts Council, the City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs & Special Events, and The League of Chicago Theatres and ComEd’s Powering the Arts program.
Marketing/Communication Calendar Maintenance and Creation (20%)
- Assist Dir. of Marketing in brainstorming comprehensive season, show, and education marketing plans.
- Document all marketing plans in planning calendar, identifying key dates and deadlines.
- Update Marketing calendar as timelines are adjusted or new projects included.
- Execute scheduled Marketing Partnerships & recommend/brainstorm discount codes and promotional events
- Oversee project timelines in relation to company goals
- Develop & research marketing and sales strategies
- Maintain an understanding of all relevant marketing opportunities and make recommendations
- Research Marketing opportunities/where to list
- Create and modify survey schedule, as needed for all areas of programming and aligning with marketing plans
- Execute Marketing Department’s accurate tracking of approved expenses
- Align budget with marketing calendar, adjusting as needed.
- Manage the Marketing budget including monthly reconciliation work and finance update meetings.
- Identify and recommend most cost-effective distribution strategies for all copy, collateral, visuals, video, etc.
- Incorporate promotional appearances into marketing plan/budget as they become available.
Advertising Buys: Print, Digital, Promotional Exchange (20%)
- Using approved marketing plans, research and recommend advertising buys or exchanges.
- Within the limits of approved budget, purchase digital or print advertising space.
- Follow up on billing and invoicing, reflect in budget.
- Execute ad buys, working with creatives to obtain appropriate assets.
- Follow up on efficacy and report out to Marketing Dir.
- Act as point person to marketing partners such as BIC, Chicago Kids, Red Tricycle, etc.
- Execute promotional exchanges set up through PR company
- Update website to accurately reflect current programming: on sales of off sales.
- Update home page to reflect current company communication priorities.
- Edit and adjustment web copy for communication clarity & company updates.
- Oversee website visuals to ensure that all pages are up to date and reflect current company marketing strategies
- Using approved copy/design, update web content accordingly.
Organization/Project Execution/Proofing (20%)
- Maintain digital and physical archives of all marketing assets and PR.
- Act as a marketing liaison during inter-departmental statuses to aid in communication and project completion.
- Work with artistic team to fully understand needs of promo appearance/special event: costumes, tech, etc.
- Communicate promotional appearances to venue to work through logistics
- Execute playbill creation: gather and track needed materials, create copy document, route for proofing
- Proof and route all designed collateral to relevant parties, keeping routing process aligned with marketing calendar target dates.
- Proof all outgoing company communications.
Marketing Analysis & Analytics (15%)
- Manage and keep current Google Adwords account
- Assist in Google Analytics and Internet Report Card tracking
- Assist in analyzing Data and Report Website Visits, Social Media Activities and Email Campaigns.
- Create audience surveys, ensuring consistency in formatting, style, and questions.
- Decide and strategically segment recipients in Patron Manager for eblasts
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the non-profit performing arts industry. Benefits package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, vacation pay, and paid sick leave.
Emerald City Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.