The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is a comprehensive public institution offering undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs to more than 8,000 students with campus locations in Green Bay, Marinette, Manitowoc and Sheboygan. Established in 1965 on the border of Green Bay, the University and its campuses are centers of cultural enrichment, innovation and learning. The Green Bay campus is home to one of the Midwest’s most prolific performing arts centers, a nationally recognized 4,000-seat student recreation center, Division I athletics, an award-winning nine-hole golf course and a five-mile recreational trail and arboretum, which is free and open to the public. This four-campus University transforms lives and communities through student-focused teaching and research, innovative learning opportunities, powerful connections and a problem-solving approach to education. UW-Green Bay’s main campus is centrally located, close to both the Door County resort area and the dynamic economies of Northeast Wisconsin, the Fox Valley region and the I-43 corridor. UW-Green Bay offers in-demand programs in science, engineering and technology; business; health, education and social welfare; and arts, humanities and social sciences. For more information, visit www.uwgb.edu.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Marketing and University Communication and will oversee marketing plans and develop campaigns for the University with a priority given to meeting the needs of the Division of Enrollment Services, Colleges of: Health, Education and Social Welfare; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Science, Engineering and Technology and the Cofrin School of Business and the University´s branch campuses in Marinette, Manitowoc and Sheboygan. As a liaison to these key areas, the Marketing Manager will support a range of marketing and operational projects for the University’s four campuses, requiring both strategic and tactical marketing skills for traditional and new channels.
The Marketing Manager is expected to be proactive, outgoing, organized, collaborative and detail-oriented, while also possessing excellent oral and written communication skills. The Marketing Manager will provide entrepreneurial marketing for all facets involved in building sustainable programming and collaborative partnerships. The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing annual marketing plans for the internal clients assigned. Major areas of focus include website enhancement, digital marketing, creative copywriting and proofing, print marketing, email marketing, digital marketing, social media channels, marketing research, digital analytics, lead generation and data management.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Oversee development of individual area marketing plans and coordinate with UW-Green Bay marketing guidelines, institutional practices and administrative policies.
- Research societal change and demands through market studies and data analytics to influence current and future strategies.
- Provide project management to ensure all work is delivered on time and on strategy.
- Ensure good communications between Marketing and University Communication and assigned clients, staff and internal and external clients.
- Organize marketing meetings to develop plans, timelines and ensure buy-in.
- Expand market share and marketing strategies across multiple channels.
- Improve the usability, design and content of websites.
- Leverage the latest trends, methodologies and technologies into actionable marketing plans.
- Assess data and evaluate program impact.
- Create integrated marketing plans and innovative marketing materials.
- Construct, analyze and reconcile marketing budgets.
- Determine break-even analysis and evaluate return on marketing investment.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field and at time of application, three years of experience in progressive marketing.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Higher education experience in recruitment or consulting.
- The successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, the ability to communicate with a diverse student population, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to be part of a collaborative team.
The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural and economic resource.