WHAT WE REQUIRE:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Advertising, or related field preferred.
- Three years minimum of professional experience in a marketing or communications role in a nonprofit/ charitable foundation or a for-profit organization.
- Demonstrated success in managing, growing, and measuring social media networks.
- Demonstrated success working with a website content management system.
- Excellent written, editing, proofreading and in-person communication skills, ability to work well with diverse teams. Strong attention to detail.
- Aptitude and experience in storytelling is a plus. Proven success in creating, distributing, and evaluating communications content or campaigns that resulted in an increase in audience engagement and/or fundraising.
- Able to prioritize, manage and handle multiple projects and deadlines. Ability to be positive, self-motivated and a reliable project manager.
- Experience with the financial services and credit union sector a plus. Legal right to work in the US on a regular, full-time basis without the need of sponsorship for a visa
- Fluency in English is required. Bilingual skills not required but a plus. Ability to craft messaging that is simple, yet clear and inspiring.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Proficiency with database software and contact management systems. Certification in Adobe Design Suite preferred. Domestic and international travel to two annual events will be required
The World Council of Credit Unions provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.