Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it’s now an international Group present in more than 100 countries. A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready–to–use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crisp bread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know-how.
“Good for You, Good for the Planet” is Barilla’s purpose and the only way each person in the Group works and of which is an ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.
Introduction – Organizational Details:
Barilla America, Inc. wants to recruit a Marketing Professional - Brand Marketing – within the Marketing Department in Northbrook, IL. The individual will report to the Marketing Sr. Manager.
The Marketing Professional is responsible for leading the brand portfolio in developing business strategies and marketing plans to meet the company’s short- and long-term sales, market share, and profit goals. This individual ensures and enhances brand positioning, equity, and financial wellbeing for the brands. In addition, this person works cross-functionally with Sales, Trade Marketing, Supply Chain, R&D, and Finance to prioritize activities, managed the P&L and ensure business objectives are achieved or exceeded.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration (Marketing, Management); MBA preferred
- 3-5 years CPG brand experience; food industry experience preferred
- Solid Marketing skills coupled with the ability to work independently
- Strong presentation and communication skills to influence both internal customers (senior management & cross-functional teams) and external marketplace, distributors, customers and consumers
- Solid understanding of P&L and budget management experience
- Solid project management experience
- Ability to develop and create new initiatives for the brand and assigned businesses
- Understanding of marketing strategies, IRI/Nielsen syndicated data, and research methodologies
- Fundamental understanding of other functional areas that impact the business P&L
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Strong ability to work in teams and build good working relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and potentially internationally
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, health status, multicultural differences, political ideas, and sexual orientation.