Committed to your financial well-being and success.
It all began with a few teachers and a dream. Back in 1939, eight Minneapolis teachers decided to take control of their own financial security. They formed the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers Credit Union. Over the years the credit union has endured name changes, added field of memberships and expanded across the Midwest. In 2020 a merger with Firefly Credit Union – Minnesota’s first financial cooperative – made us the second-largest credit union in the state. But your goals have always been our priority, and we exist to help you reach them.
As a not-for-profit financial institution, we're different from a bank because our members are our owners (people who live, work, worship, attend school, or volunteer in our membership area). Our profits are returned as competitive rates, higher investment returns and fewer fees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform any essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications or related, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of marketing experience, preferably in a credit union or financial services organization.
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear, concise and professional manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Create professional correspondence using the appropriate communication medium, including editing ability.
- Must be able to lead small teams as well as participate and contribute in team environments.
- Excellent public speaking and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work with regular and changing deadlines.
- Maintain compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and all its provisions.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment drug test and various background checks.
- Responsible for regular and reliable attendance at the workplace.
HOURS: Scheduled for 40-hours per week between the hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm; Exempt.