KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a closely related field and 2+ years of experience related to the area of assignment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Knowledge required for this position includes:
- AP Style;
- Public relations principles and practices;
- Marketing principles and practices;
- Communications policies, principles, practices, and procedures;
- Printing principles, practices, and procedures;
- Social media, digital analytics, e-mail marketing principles and best practices;
- Advertising principles and practices;
- Statewide and local media.
Skills required for this position include:
- Writing, editing, and scripting documents;
- Developing and implementing public relations and marketing materials;
- Developing key messages for public consumption;
- Interpersonal skills as they relate to dealing with media;
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving problems;
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or other design program;
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Project management skills;
- Conducting research;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.