For almost 60 years, OTTO has been designing and manufacturing a full line of control switches and for over 25 years, audio accessories for unique and demanding applications. Located in Carpentersville, Illinois, we are recognized worldwide for superior performance and innovative products.
OTTO is a vertically integrated manufacturer with in-house injection molding, stamping, CNC machining, cable assembly and cable overmolding capabilities. Our strong mechanical, electrical and RF Design Engineering capability, world-class test lab and computer controlled production line testing is unmatched in the industry. OTTO markets its products through two divisions, OTTO Controls and OTTO Communications.
Our Marketing Strategist is responsible for product and marketing communications efforts for the OTTO Controls division. Develop and implement marketing strategies designed to increase brand recognition, awareness and revenue. Assist in the development and execution of marketing plans. Create and maintain collateral materials, training material, new product launches and on-line content. Drive advertising and public relations efforts. Provide support for trade shows and events.
Specifically, the Marketing Strategist will:
Develop web strategy(s) to improve our online presence, increase web traffic and generate leads that drive sales for OTTO Controls products.
- Manage lead generation process and maintain database. Monitor follow up activities with sales team. Analyze results and set goals to improve key metrics
- Define web goals and lead the development of short and long term web strategy(s) to raise awareness of OTTO products online
- Review web and email analytics and identify opportunities to increase traffic, build awareness and drive revenue
- Identify portals and sites where OTTO products should be listed and oversee that content is refreshed and maintained
- Identify social media activities for OTTO products that increase Google rankings and drive traffic to our website; Calculate ROI and a recommendation for future engagement
- Maintain and update website using the Sitecore XP backend platform
Assist in the development of a marketing plan to successfully launch new products and grow sales
- Design and execute business plans/campaigns to launch new products and product enhancements into target markets
- Develop a 1-year marketing plan and marcom calendar that encompasses print and digital mediums
- Develop 3-year messaging strategy
- Develop product launch strategies, create and implement programs and tools to ensure successful new product introductions through the channel
- Develop key messages and drive brand awareness in key target markets
- Develop technical and training presentations for use by sales staff and reps
- Create 5 years branding and marketing communications plan to raise awareness and drive leads in target segments
Create and maintain collateral materials and on-line content:
- Provide or oversee graphic design services to create catalog pages, sell sheets, product data sheets and other marketing tools. Work with Sales and Engineering to create content
- Responsible for the maintenance and update of the ottoexcellence.com website
- Evaluate website usage and make recommendations for improvement based on user feedback
Drive Advertising and Public Relations Efforts:
- Manage PR and advertising activities for the Controls products business
- Identify opportunities to raise awareness of the OTTO brand with target verticals, channel partners and other stakeholders
- Write articles, stories, press releases and blog postings and oversee placement
- Develop annual media calendar and manage advertising placements
- Develop and maintain marketing budget/forecast. Reconcile with Accounting
Provide support for trade shows and sales events:
- Evaluate and coordinate industry trade shows and special events
- Coordinate all items necessary for a successful trade show. Develop trade show schedule based on field feedback.
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.
- Visit tradeshows and customers as needed to support all sales efforts.
- Create guidelines for consistent use of OTTO brand name
- Manage all OTTO trademarks and implement consistent use of the brand names.
- Review trade publications to identify new markets and customers for OTTO products.
- Continually work with Customer Service Manager, RSM’s and National Account Managers to identify new ways of providing information on OTTO products to customers.
- Develop a working knowledge of OTTO’s products and design
- Give presentations both internally and externally