Incorporated in 1981, and headquartered in Wausau, Wisconsin, the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc. (ASLMS) is the world’s largest scientific organization dedicated to promoting research, education and high standards of clinical care in the field of medical laser applications. The 3,300-member nonprofit organization provides a forum for the exchange of scientific information and participation in communicating the latest developments in laser medicine and surgery to clinicians, research investigators, governments, regulatory agencies, and the public.
ASLMS is located in Wausau, Wisconsin. The incoming Membership Coordinator must live within a commutable distance from our office and work full-time.
The Membership Coordinator is responsible for member engagement, recruitment and retention activities. Working closely with executive leadership, designated committees, and ASLMS staff, he/she organizes activities to recruit and retain members, including those in training. The Membership Coordinator collaborates with the Marketing and Communications Manager in the development of membership marketing plans.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
50% Membership Marketing, Recruitment, and Retention
- Helps plan, develop, and execute membership recruitment, win-back, retention, and renewal campaigns.
- Develops, oversees and updates automated renewal and welcome campaigns.
- Helps create, budget, and plan membership promotions and campaigns.
- Collaborates with the marketing team to develop messaging in accordance with the organization’s mission, vision, strategic plan, and branding.
- Evaluates lapsed members to determine cause and mitigation.
- Reviews and evaluates membership marketing activities with the marketing team. Assists in member-related marketing department initiatives as required.
30% Member Services, Benefits, & Programs
- Supervises the Membership Specialist, and together, provides a positive experience and professional service to external and internal ASLMS customers.
- Oversees membership application submission and review process.
- Directs dues generation/timely invoicing of all members (digital and print). Researches and develops a proposal for annual dues rates. Provides annual estimation of dues revenue for the budget.
- Maintains, develops, and administers membership service and incentive programs, including member-get-a-member campaign. Provides frequent acknowledgment of referrals and recruits “Membership Ambassadors” for the organization.
- Works with the Membership Committee Chair to coordinate quarterly committee teleconferences to provide an update on activities and to discuss additional initiatives.
- Serves as the key point of contact on early career programs. Working with the Early Career Committee and Early Career Mentorship Committee, develops and coordinates mentorship opportunities for early career members and conference first-time attendees. Oversees Preceptorship, Visiting Expert and Resident Liaison programs.
- Collaborates with Industry Relations Specialist to promote programs and benefits to corporate partners, including industry subsidized dues program and Career Center.
- Conducts membership surveys as required. Analyzes and reports findings.
- Travels to the Annual Conference. Serves as the main point of contact with current and prospective members in the ASLMS booth.
- Coordinates research grant submission and approval process with the ASLMS Research Committee.
20% Database Management & Reporting
- Develops annual membership statistics, recruitment, and retention reports; analyze trends in data.
- Oversees membership record maintenance and database updates; implements best practices in database usage and data auditing. Manage lists for mailings.
- Works with Data Support Manager to identify, create and maintain required assets in membership software to enhance the member experience.
Other duties as assigned.