Loyola University Chicago’s brand experience group seeks a talented motion graphics designer who wants to help convey the University’s mission through brand storytelling. Our team implements dynamic, viewer-oriented solutions across all communication channels and environments. Collaborating with colleagues across our four campuses, we convey the University’s attributes through print and electronic pages and story packages, seeking to build relationships and increase engagement with current and potential students, alumni, donors, and friends.
Reporting to the art director, this designer will create visual approaches and animation packages and videos for a range of projects and brand campaign work, including social and University and school websites. Day-to-day duties will vary, based on the communication goal and platform. Some projects will require existing static content to be adapted for presentation; other times, projects will call upon the designer to participate from the earliest stages of brainstorming through final delivery. The designer will work closely with the university’s videographer and photographer to establish motion and digital graphics standards and deliverables and establish efficiencies and connections throughout our content ecosystem. The ideal candidate is innovative, smart, curious, and self-motivated with equal abilities to lead and listen within a collaborative, multifunctional team.
Our core workload includes journalistic, marketing storytelling and information presentation that focuses on student recruitment and alumni/donor relations. The successful candidate must also be adept in these areas.
- Strong sense of illustration and typography
- Conceptual thinker who can envision and create compelling visuals that simplify complex, ideas, visions, and strategies
- Highly organized and able to work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines
- Outstanding attention to detail with a relentless focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at one time with minimal supervision under tight deadlines
- Flexibility to handle shifting priorities and multiple projects
- Curious and driven to explore current and future design and marketing platforms
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Conceptualizes and creates dynamic 2- and 3-D animations and graphics to activate marketing, advertising, and brand projects
- Work with designers, videographer, and other content producers and colleagues to expand upon the brand system through motion
- Actively understands our business objectives; understands and communicates the University‘s branding guidelines—but has the insights, fortitude, and drive to bend them
- Applies marketing concepts and tools to reach key audiences. Provides sound marketing direction that aligns with client/University strategic goals
- Strives to see beyond singular requests to find efficiencies and connections throughout our content ecosystem
- Completes additional duties as assigned
Candidates will be required to submit a reel or portfolio that demonstrates their best work across a wide range of output (web, social, explanatory journalism, brand videos, etc.).