With roots dating back to 1914, The Toro Company was built on a tradition of quality and caring relationships. Today, the company is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment including turf and landscape maintenance, snow and ice management, underground utility construction, rental and specialty construction, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. Through a strong network of professional distributors, dealers, rental stores and retailers in more than 125 countries, we proudly offer a wide range of products across a family of global brands to help golf courses, professional contractors, underground construction professionals, groundskeepers, agricultural growers, rental companies, government and educational institutions, and homeowners – in addition to many leading sports venues and historic sites around the world.
Create professional-grade graphical instructions that show how to operate, install, and maintain Toro products. Use illustrations, animations, videos, and other graphical content to communicate ideas to customers in a way that is easy to understand. Assist with written instructions as needed. Manage multiple projects and mentor other writers who are working on graphical instructions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Function: Graphical Instructions
Desired Results: Create graphical instructions, using illustrations, graphic storyboards, line art, animations, videos, software simulations, virtual reality (VR), and augmented reality (AR).
- Define and translate customer requirements into effective graphical instructions.
- Present innovative approaches to graphical instructions that inspire, inform, and captivate audiences.
- Enhance the overall layout and production design for instructional materials.
- Work with the supervisor, team members, and internal customers to determine appropriate designs for print, online, and mobile applications.
- Review and monitor metadata applied to graphic communications for searching and reuse.
- Assist with written instructions as needed.
- Create and route workflow requests for changes and new content to the editor, supervisor, and product teams (engineering, test, legal, safety, and service) for review and incorporate appropriate changes in the content.
- Understand the Toro structured XML architecture and topic-based publishing.
- Manage a multi-project workload and complete all projects on time to meet production schedule.
- Define milestones and provide status reports for major initiatives.
- Use knowledge of Toro products to manage cross-functional content for several product families.
- Guide, train, and mentor writers who are creating graphical instructions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Create instructional content that complies with the Toro Style Guide for Instructional Publications.
- Create graphics that comply with the Toro Graphics Style Guide.
- Work closely with the supervisor to ensure that all projects have the proper priorities and support to meet plant production and online requirements.
- Communicate with subject matter experts (SMEs) in Engineering, Product Evaluation, Service, Legal, and Marketing.