Founded in 1908, Kahler Slater began as a regional provider of design services and has grown to become a global, award-winning firm. Today, the firm partners with clients to enrich life and achieve powerful results through architecture, interior design, advisory services, and environmental branding. We focus on serving the higher education, healthcare, corporate, hospitality, residential, sports, and fitness markets.
- Location: Negotiable, with preference for proximity to one of Kahler Slater’s physical offices including Chicago, Milwaukee, Richmond or Madison
- Pre/Post-Pandemic: Work is performed in a pleasant, professional, creative, open office environment, with business casual attire
- Currently: Our staff continues to mostly work remotely from home, fully leveraging technology to collaborate effectively with their teammates and their clients
- Flexibility: Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in your schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines
- Travel: Out of town travel would be expected to be 15 - 25% of your time, when it becomes reasonably safe to travel routinely
At Kahler Slater, we believe great design can be a catalyst to transform our clients’ businesses. We are excited to find a curious, eager, data-minded individual to join us as our National Director of Business Development for Higher Education as we continue to transform the future for our Higher Education practice.
This integral person will be responsible for identifying and developing client relationships on college and university campuses, and with our architectural partners, around the country to grow our Academic Health Sciences (AHS) and Sports/Recreation (S/R) markets. This BD Leader will be a key player on our collaborative team, working with practice leaders and marketing staff to elevate our brand by acquiring new clients and expanding existing client relationships.