The Photographer reports to the Director of Public Relations Classification: Administrative Staff- Full Time- Limited Term Assignment
The photographer is responsible for photographic service for all functions of the university, including scheduled and impromptu events. Individual and group subjects include alumni, staff, faculty, students, trustees, friends and community leaders. The photographer also is responsible for archiving photos and providing professional photos to a wide variety of constituents.
Starting date: This is a full-time limited term position, beginning as soon as a qualified candidate is identified and ending May 31, 2013.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives work orders and meets with clients to determine photographic needs.
- Organizes, manages and schedules photo shoots that accommodate the needs of all internal customers.
- Takes photos of students, staff, faculty, trustees, architecture, events.
- Edits current photo archives and maintains a well-organized archive of new digital photos.
- Repairs and maintains equipment as required.
- Edits/retouches digital images to ensure high-quality photos.
- Provides photos to campus constituents, and local, regional and national media.
- Assists graphic designers in locating and choosing appropriate photos for a wide variety of print and electronic publications.
- Provides photos to the web manager for posting on the university’s website.
- Provides administrative tasks as required and other duties as assigned.