ILLUME is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of high-quality branded and private-label home fragrance and personal care products. ILLUME is located in Maple Grove, Minnesota and housed in a state-of-the-art Corporate Office, Distribution and Manufacturing facility.
Our products are marketed worldwide, available in 4,500 specialty and department stores, and known for quality, style, and trend. Our proven track record for unmatched design, execution, and delivery has grown ILLUME into a top global turn-key supplier of private label home fragrance and body care for retailers at the forefront of their categories including, among others,Anthropologie, West Elm, Madewell, J. Crew, and Targetas well as our own Direct to Consumer platforms: www.illumecandles.com and www.good-chemistry.com
The Production Designer will join the Creative team, home to our Design, Product Development, Sourcing, Category Management, and Marketing teams. The Creative Department is where ideas are born. We dream big and do our research to come up with fragrances you'll love, line plans that offer experimentation and establish loyalty, vessels that are beautiful and interesting, packaging design that's fresh and inspiring, and a meaningful story that pulls it all together.
The Production Designer will be responsible for supporting the Creative Department in all production development + design related deliverables for the organization.
Five Key Accountabilities:
- Ensure all final files are accurate and on time with accurate information for successful execution.
- Attend press checks.
- Stay up to speed on industry standards and production capabilities of our vendors.
- Technical drawings and or specs for new development as needed.
- Managing and creating versions of POGs and other sales tools as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure all final files are accurate and on time with accurate information for successful execution
- Prepare and proof final production files for print with specific attention to detail.
- Manage file revisions, updates and routing.
- Organize and transfer files in a timely manner.
Attend press checks
- Proof and provide feedback on color and accuracy of artwork and print execution.
- Use knowledge of print production processes to determine capabilities and desired results.
- Maintain excellent quality packaging standards.
Stay up to speed on industry standards and production capabilities of our vendors
- Share out trends and production/design related technologies, tools and software.
- Continually use proactive thinking mindset when considering new project initiatives.
Technical drawings and or specs and design support for new development as needed
- Create production files that may include several different print and finishing techniques and be sent to multiple vendors.
- Design out new layouts based on existing designs.
- Work with sourcing to create specs for new product types to be shared with vendors
Managing and creating versions of POGs and other sales tools as needed
- Work with sales in support of specific customer asks