The Wisconsin Historical Foundation exists to advance the mission of the Wisconsin Historical Society.
Mission: The Society connects people to the past by collecting, preserving, and sharing stories.
Vision: Enriching and transforming lives through unparalleled access to history.
Values: We believe that increasing the public's knowledge of history has profound societal, cultural, and economic benefit.
As a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, the Foundation receives grants and private contributions benefiting the Society, administers the membership program, and provides marketing services for the Society.
The Project Coordinator is a new role that will provide support for the marketing, communications, and annual giving team at the Wisconsin Historical Foundation. In this role you will be responsible for delivering the Wisconsin Historical Society print newsletter Columns and you will also be responsible for coordinating the team’s major projects, both annual and short term. A successful candidate will have excellent project management skills, a passion for clear communication, and the ability to think creatively in all their work. In the coming year, this role will be directly involved in a strategic review of the Society’s brand and will work with the marketing director to build this new position into a critical and integral part of the team’s daily work.
Skills and Qualifications
This job may be for you if you have a bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing, or related field of study, or you have 2-3 years of project coordination or management experience. Additionally, you are passionate about exceptional communication and you value strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. It would also benefit you to have:
- A strong competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience working on tight deadlines, an exceptional attention to detail, and a knack for producing top-notch work
- Exceptional proofreading and content management skills
- An eye for visually pleasing design in all forms of communications
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team As a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, the Foundation receives grants and private contributions benefiting the Society, administers the membership program, and provides marketing services for the Society.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to achieve goals
- Experience producing large publications (annual catalogs, mailers, calendars,etc.)
- Ability to think strategically and translate vision into action plans.
Other Helpful Experience
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Asana or Traction Tools is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud tools would be beneficial to this role
- Experience working with internal stakeholders across a large organization
Starting salary: $40,000 - $43,000 dependent upon qualifications and experience. Compensation package includes market driven base salary plus annual incentive compensation plan based on achieving team goals. The position is eligible for the Wisconsin Historical Foundation’s benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive retirement plan including employer match and generous PTO policy. The Project Coordinator is a part of a friendly, supportive team with a commitment to collaboration and growth.