SKYGEN USA’s leadership team began with Medicaid dental benefit administration and the development of customized technology, now known as SKYGEN USA’s Enterprise System. The firm, Doral Dental became one of the largest dental management companies in the nation before its sale to DentaQuest Ventures. With the tremendous success of the software platform, the team expanded the Enterprise System and its benefit management services to support additional lines of business and a wider range of healthcare payers, managed care organizations, and delivery systems.
Today, SKYGEN USA continues to power dental and vision connectivity solutions that inspire our clients to move confidently into the future by employing technology that creates unparalleled efficiencies, streamlines marketplace interactions, and drives better healthcare access, value and satisfaction.
The Proposal Specialist is responsible for creating and editing proposals for new sales opportunities (including but not limited to Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), and proposals to extend our offering with current customers). The Proposal Specialist is also accountable for leading the proposal process and ensuring timely input from Subject Matter Experts. Using in-depth knowledge of the industry and the ability to understand customer needs, the Proposal Specialist is a collaborative partner with the Sales and Client Experience teams to develop creative solutions and then translate those solutions into compelling, informed, tailored proposals. The ultimate goal is to achieve a high success rate.
Although this position can be worked remotely for the time being, ideally looking for someone that can be in the office at least 2 days per week. However we are open to considering other options.
Required Level of Education, Licenses, and/or Certificates
- Associate’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Business or similar discipline or equivalent years of experience
Required Level of Experience
- 3 years of professional experience in proposal writing or corporate communications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expert skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to translate broad, complex concepts from Subject Matter Experts into clear, compelling and concise communication.
- Ability to prioritize workload and balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Prior experience writing and editing for a healthcare, technology and/or insurance audience
- Prior experience in the healthcare or managed care industry RFP writing experience with Medicaid, Medicare, and government-funded healthcare programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communication, Business or similar discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in proposal writing or corporate communications