About the Position
This position requires excellent traditional and digital communication skills and knowledge, with a specific focus on social and digital media experience, technical website expertise, great organization and planning skills, and a drive to think creatively. This position further requires an individual with strong writing and editing abilities, a willingness to build relationships with the media and internal and external partners. The candidate must be able to perform duties in an ever-changing environment and be flexible to frequently changing priorities.
The person in this position will be expected to work 24 hours a week and work hours may be flexible between the hours of 7:30-4:30. The final schedule will be worked out with the selected candidate.
What you will do
- Assist in managing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Help plan social campaigns that support District programs and mission
- Assist with marketing materials
- Keep up to date and informed on new communications and digital marketing trends and adapt accordingly
- Create and manage an editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant and engaging
- Help develop District email marketing program
- Work with District staff to tell the story of the District
- Assist with the redesign of madsewer.org and help plan and execute a rebuild of our employee intranet
- Track and analyze metrics
- Write press releases and reach out to local media to secure placement
- Copyediting using established District guidelines
- Provide coverage for the Resource Team as needed, including assisting with and attending events, answering phones and other office duties