TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in a public relations, communications, media relations or closely related field with demonstrated 6+ years of progressively responsible experience related to the area of assignment, including a minimum of three years of public relations; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge required for this position includes:
- Public relations principles and practices;
- Communications policies, principles, practices, and procedures;
- Authority programs and practices;
- Project management principles and practices;
- Problem solving and analytical methods;
- Crisis communications policies, principles, practices and procedures.
Skills required for this position include:
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of communications programs, analyzing feedback and improve communications to advance WHEDA’s mission and brand;
- Understanding and experience in using traditional and social media to communicate programs, policies and activities;
- Ability to create photography, video and graphic assets to complement communications programs and activities;
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite;
- Developing and implementing public relations campaigns for internal and external consumption;
- Forming and maintaining positive relationships with WHEDA’s Board, industry partners and clients;
- Researching, writing, editing, and scripting documents, includes ability to understand and explain complex information to the public;
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving problems;
- Ability to use sound judgement to provide media relations advice to leadership about newsworthy, sensitive, and/or controversial issues;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.