De Vor Communications, LLC is a full service public involvement and communications firm headquartered in Germantown, WI with a branch office located in Rhinelander, WI.
The firm is headed by Cynthia De Vor, who has a multitude of experience in communications, public involvement and outreach, meeting and event planning.
De Vor Communications has established a reputation for providing high quality public outreach and information programs for multi-modal transportation, planning, development and construction projects.
The firm's expertise is working on environmental, design and construction projects. We have a successful record of working with engineers, architects, construction managers and contractors on both small and large, complicated public and private projects.
Become a part of a growing organization that works together as a team to meet our client’s challenges and objectives.
The Public Involvement Specialist will provide communications, outreach and graphics support to public involvement team leads and project managers. This position requires an outgoing personality, strict attention to detail, the ability to communicate well with large and small groups, multitasking, and seeing assignments through from start to finish. Superior verbal and written communication skills are essential.
This is a consultant contracted position and requires travel to project site locations in southeast Wisconsin. Occasional evening and weekend work will also be required.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in communications/public relations/marketing/journalism, or a related field. Relevant work experience and or experience in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (A/E/C) industry is preferred but not required.
This position has the capability to work remotely, requires flexibility, and the ability to be proactive and work independently. The candidate must be well organized, disciplined and able to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong time management skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work beyond standard business hours.
- Experience with Adobe products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of web publishing software, and social media programs helpful.
- Self-directed, personally motivated, works well under pressure.
- Ability to work with and take direction from multiple levels of professional staff.
- Must have valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and capable of standing for longer periods of time at public events.