ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS:
The mission of the Meet Minneapolis, Convention + Visitors Association, is to market, sell and maximize the visitor experience of Minneapolis for the economic benefit of our community. As a non-profit organization, we are proud and passionate about being a key source of inspiration and information for the millions of visitors, event planners, convention center attendees and sports fans that are looking to come to enjoy all the exciting and diverse experiences that a visit to Minneapolis offers.
Under the direction of the Director of Public Relations & Communications, the Public Relations and Communications Manager will recommend and implement strategy for business, meetings, and corporate communications to consistently articulate Meet Minneapolis’ mission. This includes developing and executing plans that highlight the impact of the Minneapolis Convention Center, the efforts of our sports marketing initiative, Sports Minneapolis, and our Minnesota Sports Awards event.
- Written Communications: Writes exceptionally well; clearly and succinctly develops a variety of messages; manages messages to achieve desired effect or result.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. Builds appropriate rapport. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy, tact and can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably.
- Action Oriented: Takes initiative. Is action oriented for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning, seizes opportunities and is highly capable of meeting deadlines while handling multiple projects.
- Creativity: Comes up with new and unique ideas. Easily makes connections among previously unrelated elements. Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Composure: Is cool under pressure. Does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough. Can be counted on to hold things together during tough times. Can handle stress and is not knocked off balance by the unexpected. Doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked and is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Leader Relationships: Responds and relates well to management and external leaders. Likes to learn from those who have been there before. Is easy to challenge, develop and is comfortably coachable.
- Peer Relationships: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative. Easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration and can be candid with peers.
- Self-Development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself. Understand that different situation and levels may call for different skills and approaches. Works to deploy strengths and works on compensating for weakness and limits.
- Technical Learning: Enthusiastically embraces new technology.