This position is essential in communicating CBC’s mission and value to external audiences. The PR & Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for community outreach efforts, media relations, social media, enhanced brand awareness, events, promotions, materials, and raises CBC’s community engagement through coordination with local organizations, participation at community events, and communicating with our communities-at-large. The PR & Community Engagement Specialist will build a network of relationships throughout the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
Media & Public Relations
- Grow and foster relationships with media outlets, professional contacts and community groups throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest.
- Maintain a strong public presence by executing PR strategies that increase visibility and brand awareness in social and digital media, and marketing and communications initiatives.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests, and coordinate interviewees and locations.
- Write, distribute and manage CBC press releases, including maintaining a press release database.
- Arrange and conduct public appearances, speaking engagements, promotions, or events to increase brand awareness and promote CBC.
- Create and communicate key talking points for staff and media partners.
- Communicate media messaging/press releases to various audiences, both internal and external.
- Interface with strategic community partners and vendors to develop/maintain strong working partnerships, including the management of the Community Partner of the Week Program, as well as the creation of other initiative to support organizational objectives.