Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete. We know that great people are what makes our brand great.
We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that’s why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You'll Do:
In response to our growing business needs, we are excited to announce the creation of a new position: Public Relations Manager. This position will work with the Director of Brand Communications to skillfully develop the communication strategy that will contribute to business goals, drive value, and link to the corporate purpose. This person will ensure that brand messages are consistent, timely and relevant and will create, develop, and execute an earned media relations strategy for the Wilson Sporting Goods family of brands. The PR Manager will be an ambassador for the organization and build relationships with the media.
What We're Looking For:
This role requires a bachelor’s degree in communications, integrated marketing, journalism or other related area plus at least 5 years of experience in public relations, preferably at a major corporation or PR agency. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.Previous experience in fashion, apparel or retail industries is preferred.
Other qualifications include:
- Deep understanding or the ability to quickly develop knowledge of the Wilson culture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to earn trust, respect and credibility from teammates, peers and leadership
- Ability to prioritize and follow through with assignments
- Familiarity with earned media monitoring services, such as Cision
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What We’ll Provide:
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, Wilson Sporting Goods Co. global headquarters sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic and active professional community. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best in class amenities and perks, including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Pre-tax transit discounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Volunteering programs
- Team building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
- Smart casual dress (yes, jeans every day!)
- On-site health club
- Summer hours
- Company-sponsored sports leagues/teams
- Fun, active company outings around major sports events