Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Creates and manages comprehensive integrated public relations plans from concept to analysis that utilize available and appropriate communication vehicles in support of business-specific goals.
2. Develops, leads and governs the social media strategy, edits and distributes/schedules social media posts, and identifies opportunities for social advertising, in collaboration with content creators across the organization.
3. Develop and maintain media plan for the organization, ensuring that the plan aligns with internal editorial/marketing initiatives, containing all crucial campaigns, events and activities for the organization.
4. Maintains and enhances relationships with key members of the mainstream, trade and insurance industry media, including but not limited to reporters, editors, producers, bloggers and other influencers. Identify key journalists and foster relationships in order to successfully pitch stories and connect them with industry experts.
5. Write and distribute compelling, newsworthy press releases and other PR materials that reflect a deep understanding of the company’s strategic positioning and pitches to local, regional, national and international media.
6. Provides strategic media relations input for CNA business-specific marketing initiatives and campaigns.
7. Track, distribute and assess results of all media coverage utilizing media research and monitoring services. Measures, analyzes and reports on qualitative and quantitative social media insights.
8. Ensures branding guidelines are adhered to and brand tenants are incorporated across public relations and social media communications.
9. May participate in the management of various vendor relationships.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Reporting Relationship: Director or above