As Senior Account Executive you will report to the Manager of Media Services and support a broad array of mostly global nonprofit clients whose missions include advancing women’s empowerment; providing humanitarian relief; supporting early childhood education; providing clean water, sanitation, hygiene; introducing solar power; and transforming higher education in America. We partner with them to deliver a broad array of public relations and marketing communications services to advance their reputations for their work around the world and drive donor engagement.
The ideal candidate has a passion for global news and policy issues and the ability to identify ways to insert client stories about in-the-field programs into current international events and unfolding stories.
In addition, she/he has a basic understanding of business, as the group also supports several primarily business-to-business clients through the creation and launch of new websites, including social channels and earned media programs.
- Work alongside senior group and firm leadership to develop and implement earned media, thought leadership, and influencer programs on behalf of WCG’s corporate and nonprofit clients.
- Support earned media campaigns in collaboration with the Manager of Media Services (a former award-winning broadcast journalist) and oversee less experienced team members including interns in media campaigns.
- Collaborate closely with other team members to execute plans that produce positive client results. Supervise, manage and motivate key team members.
- Demonstrate writing excellence when crafting internal and client materials and correspondence (e.g., press releases, media pitches, blogs, email newsletters, corporate reports, etc.)
- Able to adapt to ever-changing workload priorities and an evolving media landscape.
- Provide strategic guidance to WCG senior leadership and clients, including anticipating opportunities and challenges and bringing forward proactive solutions.
- As appropriate, support new business initiatives.
- Be a cultural contributor.