Strategy: Manage social media strategy and support wider strategy development to ensure we are reaching our key stakeholder groups and effectively promoting the organization, its programs, and its impact.
- Develop daily channel-specific social media content that engages our audience and effectively tells the story of Chicago Scholars.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Public Relations to develop systems and processes to manage external communication needs across internal teams and consistently report successes, insights, and best practices.
- Research new media technologies that can be integrated into our current and future messaging campaigns.
- Identify opportunities for new stakeholder development projects that support Chicago Scholars goals, reach new stakeholders, and build awareness of Chicago Scholars.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
Execution: Implement communications needs on channels including social media, websites, and emails for key stakeholders, including Scholars, Mentors, Volunteers, Parents, Employees, College Partners, Career Partners, and Donors.
- Execute communications needs based on a calendar of deliverables, including social media, website updates, and email messaging.
- Work with program team to ensure all communications are within brand and messaging standards.
- Work in partnership with Data Evaluation Team to ensure the accurate promotion of program impacts.
- Coordinate with external contractors as necessary to deliver graphic design needs for messaging to external stakeholders and oversee standards.
- Develop and support communications materials for organizational events.
- Support proposal writing, as needed.
Outcomes: Develop and compile performance measures to evaluate the impact of communications programs and tools.
- Coordinate input from internal/external stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze communications outcomes based on available analytics (social media, Google Analytics, email analytics, etc.).
- Support the development team with accomplishing department goals, including the execution and support of organizational events.
- This role will occasionally work on nights and weekends for Scholar and development events and programming and may have the opportunity to manage an intern. This role is also required to attend and support mandatory all staff events: The UnTied Gala, College Choice Celebration, New Student Orientation, Leadership Summit, the Onsite Admissions Forum, New Student Interview nights, and our Quarterly Staff Retreats.
- Other duties, as assigned.