The American Hospital Association (AHA) is the national organization that represents and serves all types of hospitals, health care networks, and their patients and communities. Nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members come together to form the AHA.
Through our representation and advocacy activities, AHA ensures that members' perspectives and needs are heard and addressed in national health policy development, legislative and regulatory debates, and judicial matters. Our advocacy efforts include the legislative and executive branches and include the legislative and regulatory arenas.
Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends.
The American Hospital Association (AHA) is a national organization that represents and serves all types of hospitals, health care networks, and their patients and communities. We are currently seeking a Senior Communications Specialist, Population Health, for our downtown Chicago office. This position is a hybrid role (three days in the office, two days working remote).
Starting base salary = $74,000 - $92,000 a year (commensurate with related experience).
The Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing communications strategies to support population health projects. The position will research, analyze, and evaluate specific content related to population and community health. This position is responsible for writing and editing thought leadership pieces, reports, blogs, case studies, e-newsletters, and other communications products to promote population health resources to members and the public via multi-channel communications. The position must adhere to AHA’s high standards for writing and editing. Audiences include, but are not limited to, AHA members and staff, external partners and the public, state hospital association executives and hospital trustees.
- Works with teammates and colleagues from across the association to develop and implement communications strategies that support the promotion of resources to members and the public.
- Leads efforts to develop communication products that deliver high value to AHA members and position the AHA as a thought leader. The development of robust communication plans to support products is a key function of this role.
- Conducts research and develops content for assigned communications products to best serve the membership and elevate the importance of population and community health and health equity. These include, but are not limited to, news articles, e-newsletters, press releases, blogs, reports, digital, website, emails, videos, podcasts, presentations, scripts, case studies, webinars and others.
- Writes, edits and proofreads content, for all departmental communications products distributed to AHA members and other stakeholders. Responsible for maintaining the departmental editorial calendar.
- Ensures all content is consistent and on-brand across assigned communication channels. Adheres to AHA style guidelines, including the DEI Terminology Guide.
- Tracks metrics on performance related to engagement with IFDHE communications products and uses metrics to inform strategies.
- Ensures content of population health, Health Services Research, ACHI and other assigned webpages are maintained on a regular basis. Maintains web content management system for assigned websites and digital communication platforms (social media accounts, email platforms and mobile apps), which includes but is not limited to: planning, design, testing, daily content maintenance, troubleshooting technical issues, integrations, database repositories and forms.
- Develops comprehensive digital marketing strategies for assigned social media accounts, including paid social media and video production. Identifies, interprets and implements emerging social media trends and social tracking tools (Facebook pixel and Twitter pixel), to more efficiently and effectively achieve business goals.
- Contributes to team meetings and stays up to date on AHA activities by closely following AHA and industry publications and Attends assigned conferences and helps produce blogs, podcasts and other assets. Understands AHA audiences and stakeholders in order to effectively develop and deliver appropriate, relevant and credible content.
- Maintains close working relationship with AHA’s Advocacy and Member Communications team to ensure integration of AHA’s population health priorities with the broader AHA communications annual plans and agenda.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, which includes medical/dental coverage (PPO/HMO), vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid vacation/holidays/sick days, wellness programs and more!