The Sr. Development Director supporting the College of Letters & Science (L&S) is a member of the professional staff in the Office for Development and Alumni Relations and reports to a Director, Major & Planned Gifts.
Primary functions include:
- Overall responsibility for the L&S development program, supervise work of L&S Assistant Development Director (ADD);
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 100 prospects/donors;
- Execute qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities to benefit L&S as well as the University;
- Build academic partnerships to strengthen fundraising opportunities; and
- Collaborate with other development staff to implement annual fundraising strategies.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Recognized as one of the nation’s 115 top research universities, UW-Milwaukee provides a world-class education to 26,000 students from 89 countries on a budget of $667 million. Its 14 schools and colleges include Wisconsin’s only schools of architecture, freshwater sciences and public health, and it is a leading educator of nurses and teachers. UW-Milwaukee partners with leading companies to conduct joint research, offer student internships and serve as an economic engine for southeastern Wisconsin. The Princeton Review named UW-Milwaukee a 2018 “Best Midwestern” university based on overall academic excellence and student reviews, and the Sierra Club has recognized it as Wisconsin’s leading sustainable university.