1. Bachelor’s degree in art or graphic design with a minimum of six years of experience in a professional designer role is required. Combination of two-year degree plus eight years of professional design experience will be considered. Robust professional portfolio required.
2. Must possess high-level creative, organizational, problem-solving, time-management and client partner skills, including the ability to manage through ambiguity and explain creative direction and execution to a non-technical audience.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Big egos need not apply! (Some days you’ll be setting strategy for extensive fundraising campaigns. Other days you’ll be designing campus signage.)
4. Demonstrated knowledge of visual design principles, the Adobe Creative Suite and print process (initial concept, pre-press, final printing) is required.
5. Requires attention to detail, strong organizational competence and the ability to coordinate multiple deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Must expect and embrace frequent interruptions and professionally respond to variations in schedules and plans.
6. Must be self-directed with strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop innovative approaches and ideas and meet challenges with resourcefulness.
7. Working knowledge of HTML and content management system (CMS) experience is highly recommended.
8. Must be energized by working as part of a team and interacting effectively with a variety of college partners.
9. Must be able to freely move throughout the campus. The employee is frequently required to sit. Must have the ability to bend and lift as associated with normal filing and storage procedures. Requires the ability to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the College’s strategic plan of inclusion.