Navistar, Inc. (“Navistar”) is a purpose-driven company, reimagining how to deliver what matters to create more cohesive relationships, build higher-performing teams and find solutions where others don’t.
Based in Lisle, Illinois, Navistar or its subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial trucks and engines, IC Bus® brand school and commercial buses, all-makes OnCommand® Connection advanced connectivity services, and Fleetrite®, ReNEWeD® and Diamond Advantage® brand aftermarket parts.
With a history of innovation dating back to 1831, Navistar has more than 14,500 employees worldwide and is part of TRATON SE, a global champion of the truck and transport services industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Graphic Designer to create and develop UX/UI content for HMI, exterior and interior graphics for marketing material, labels, and projects requiring graphic design support.
As part of Navistar’s Industrial design team, you will play a critical role in shaping the design direction of projects with strategic importance to Navistar.
**A professional portfolio must be submitted with an application to be considered.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of graphic design experience OR Master's degree OR At least 4 years of graphic design experience
Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- 2-5 years minimum of relevant, professional experience
- Ability to work independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong familiarity with all core design applications, traditional typographic and art techniques and any other related material or production
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Ability to show creativity and be on trend within corporate guidelines
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize and multitask
- Strong conceptual, layout, and presentation skills – be able to stand behind your work and your design choices while being flexible to pivot direction when needed
- Works well in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- Experience in UX/UI Product Design Professional experience designing HMI for vehicle or industrial equipment
- Automotive/Transportation HMI design experience a plus
- Controls/Interface Graphics
- Brand Identity