About The Society of Thoracic Surgeons:
Founded in 1964, The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is a not-for-profit organization representing more than 7,400 surgeons, researchers, and allied health care professionals worldwide who are dedicated to ensuring the best possible outcomes for surgeries of the heart, lungs, and esophagus, as well as other surgical procedures within the chest.
Enhance the ability of cardiothoracic surgeons to provide the highest quality patient care through education, research, and advocacy.
Improving the lives of patients with cardiothoracic diseases.
Quality, Innovation, Professionalism, Inclusiveness and Teamwork.
STS has 65+ employees and is headquartered in Chicago, with an additional office in Washington, DC.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum of 5-7 years related work experience in marketing, especially with digital marketing platforms.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent strategic thinking and communication skills
- Proven track record of creating and delivering successful marketing campaigns on time and on budget
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite, web editing software, HTML, Google Analytics, and CMS platforms
- Strong knowledge of visual communications design principles
- Excellent organizational, planning, and follow-through capabilities; attention to detail and time management are essential.
- Effectively perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, volunteer leaders, other organizations, and industry contacts; tact, diplomacy, and good judgment are essential.
- Positive attitude in the workplace
- Leadership and team-building skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing daily activities and schedules
- Ability to travel, as necessary
Energy, creativity, initiative, eagerness to learn, and professionalism required. Candidate must exemplify the STS Core Values of Quality, Innovation, Professionalism, Inclusiveness, and Teamwork.