SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing industries.SunOpta is focused on sustainability and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic, conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for talented individuals that demonstrate our most valued behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed, Entrepreneurship, Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help create a brighter, healthier, and sustainable future of food!
Essential Functions of the Job:
Internal and External Communication Strategy & Execution:
- Develop communications strategies and identify content opportunities across all communication platforms and business units.
- Ongoing collaboration and communication with leadership and cross-functional teams to grow the SunOpta story for internal and external stakeholders.
- Craft timely, engaging and channel-specific internal and external communications, utilizing a variety of content formats (intranet content, digital signage, social media posts, press releases, media pitches, etc.)
- Leverage a variety of content formats to produce highly engaging multi-media content, including written, video, photography, and graphic design.
- Daily management of the intranet, enterprise digital signage, and monthly newsletters to ensure consistent communications to all employees, including content strategy, creation, management, and measurement.
- Lead the development and maintain the social media strategy and content creations on all social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram).
- Update and maintain corporate website with compelling, relevant information about the business.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on media and communications within the company.
- Create content and pitch ideas, in collaboration with PR Agency
Internal and External Corporate Events:
- Manage Trade Shows, including: identify trade shows to participate in that strategically grow the business
- Coordinate and execute SunOpta’s presence at trade shows.
- Design and manage SunOpta booth
Personality attributes for this role are going to be hugely important. We need someone who:
- Is unapologetically curious about all aspects of the business and is extremely passionate for growing the business and increasing our visibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Is a Public Relations guru, understanding what stories we are telling and why they matter to our investors and consumers!
- Is a newsmaker! – via PR, social media, internal news stories – this person wants to create news and share it via many communications channels to spread the word about SunOpta.
- Is comfortable pitching ideas and strategies to SunOpta leadership and building relationships across all teams within the organization.
- Gets their energy from meeting and talking with people – the more the better!
- Passion for sustainability and plant-based food and beverages.