Started in 2002, Blue Door Consulting has a unique culture that supports and mentors its talented and growing team with its focus on professional development and constant learning.
Blue Door Consulting was named to the Inc. 5000 list in 2018 and 2019, which recognizes the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. In 2018, the Fox Cities Chamber honored Blue Door Consulting with its Company Innovation Award. The Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce recognized Blue Door Consulting with the 2010 Small Business of the Year in recognition of its customer-oriented focus, stable financial condition, employee-driven company culture and consistent growth. The International Academy of the Visual Arts has awarded Blue Door Consulting with more than 100 Communicator Awards for brand, marketing campaign, website and advertising design.
Dedicated to its varied clients from small start-ups to FORTUNE® 500 enterprises, the team of Blue Door Consulting is inspired and motivated to go above and beyond, providing excellent customer service, objective consulting and ethical recommendations.
Located in a renovated grain mill, Blue Door Consulting’s offices provide a creative workspace with lots of extra team-building perks, including office lunches, stocked employee refrigerators and after-hours get-togethers, along with cozy fireplace seating areas. (During COVID-19, our full team is working remotely to protect team members’ health.)
Our team members want to be challenged, are knowledgeable about changing technologies and online innovations, enjoy critical thinking and are willing to push themselves and our clients.
This is a senior-level marketing consultant position, providing research and analysis, marketing plan development, strategic direction, project management and facilitation for Blue Door Consulting’s clients. In this role, you will be expected to execute upon those recommendations, through tactics such as brand development, creative direction, copywriting, SEM/SEO and developing websites (excluding programming/coding). In this role, you will communicate and represent Blue Door Consulting to regional and national audiences in order to position Blue Door Consulting as a thought leader.
In order to help our clients grow, you will meet regularly with clients to discuss project requirements, identify growth opportunities, and develop and implement project plans. You are well-suited for this position if you thrive on problem solving, enjoy project management and are driven to get results. Among your day-to-day activities:
- Meeting with clients and identifying solutions that help their businesses grow
- Researching, analyzing and synthesizing data for recommendations and proposals
- Developing strategy for brands and/or campaigns
- Providing creative direction for brand identity, content, collateral and more
- Providing public/media relations: pitch stories, create newsworthy events and build media relationships to secure coverage for Blue Door Consulting clients
- Writing copy and editing a wide range of materials, including but not limited to proposals, recommendations, creative briefs, websites, e-newsletters and research documentation
- Developing and executing upon digital solutions such as website development, social media, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, keyword analysis and analytics
Work Environment Expectations:
Blue Door Consulting is a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, powered by high levels of trust, vulnerability and accountability.
You are best positioned to succeed in this environment with the:
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player and with grace and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Appreciation that two days will never be the same
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Desire to stay current in both pop culture and business/marketing trends
- Conscientiousness when handling sensitive information effectively and confidentially