At Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how you live so you're inspired to live well. We are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence and going through a company evolution, looking for new ways of enabling Happier, Healthier Living of the future.
Our business reaches across the nation and our products are represented around the world. With our commitment to our local communities and to providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business, forward.
Marvin Design Lab is a catalyst for innovation and growth. We are an open, inclusive, engaging and diverse group of researchers, designers, engineers, architects united by our passion and belief that we can create experiences that improve the human experience through design. With almost three years under its belt, it already holds a track record of award-winning products and experiences at the intersection of design desirability, engineering feasibility and business profitability.
We are looking for a Senior Visual Designer who has a strong passion for creating impact through visual communication to join our multi-disciplinary design team focused on future product, service, and business offerings. You will be a graphic designer and systems thinker all while working alongside other designers and thinkers from different backgrounds. Your focus will depend on the challenge at hand: it could range from brand exploration in product and marketing assets, internal visual storytelling, to infographics to help communicate an abstract concept or interdependencies of complex systems.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you are expected to own the craft of visual design and will be expected to plan, prioritize, and deliver visual design activities autonomously, in the context of interdisciplinary projects. You will lead your team’s conversations within your domain, providing articulate recommendations and helping guide the team’s choices while getting advice and guidance from more senior designers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Domain knowledge: You’ve built a strong portfolio of elevated sense of design, color, and typography: you know the difference between “good” and “great” and can work through team dynamics and timelines to deliver excellent design
- User-centered perspective: You put users at the center of end-to-end experiences. You understand the basic human-centered design philosophy, are comfortable with ambiguity and want to push design methodologies.
- Communication skills: You have strong verbal and visual presentation skills. You demonstrate a clear “point‐of‐view” relating to the design. You understand the value of design and brand within a business context.
- Prototyping skills: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You have experience in creating both low and high-fidelity design deliverables for print and screen.
- Collaborative skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. Your support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of all aspects of digital deliverables.
- Managing Work: You have a talent for getting things done and excellent organizational and time management skills. You have the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Values-oriented: It is critical that we hire people and hold them accountable to a standard of excellence demonstrated by our Purpose and Values. You conduct your work with a high level of ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
- Comfort in ambiguity: You are self-directed toward excellent work outcomes and are comfortable working in ambiguous, non-rules based environments.
Education / Experience:
- A BA in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or a related design or artistic discipline
- 2-4 years of professional visual design experience in a design studio or creative consultancy
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, Figma, video/audio editing software and other design tools
- Experience collaborating in multi-disciplinary teams as an owner of visual design
- A strong desire to work on purpose-driven work and are excited by the mission to evolve a 100-year-old family company create new ways to impact people’s lives.
We believe resumes are only one way to get to know you. Please share whatever materials you think best represent you, your skillset, and your perspective.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.