Nobody sells more than Mecum. Nobody. The Mecum Auction Company is the world leader of collector car, vintage and antique motorcycle, and Road Art sales, hosting auctions throughout the United States. The company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars for more than 30 years, now offering more than 20,000 lots per year and averaging more than one auction each month.
What started in 1988 with little more than a few helpers around President and Founder Dana Mecum’s family dining room table has grown to more than 200-strong when on-site at an event today. The company boasts the longest continued single-family ownership in the auction business, and it maintains its close-knit family atmosphere with many team members who have been onboard since the company’s inception and first auction at the Rockford, Illinois, airport.
The company today has expanded its catalog of offerings to include a wide array of collectibles encompassing entry-level to investment-grade classic and collector cars, vintage and antique motorcycles, signs and memorabilia items like gas pumps, pedal cars and clocks, and even collector-grade tractors and farm relics.
Mecum Auctions is headquartered in Walworth, Wisconsin, and since 2011 has been ranked No. 1 in the world with number of collector cars offered at auction, No. 1 in the world with number of collector cars sold at auction, No. 1 in the U.S. with number of auction venues, No. 1 in the U.S. in total dollar volume of sales, and is host to the world's largest collector car auction held annually in Kissimmee, Florida, as well as the world’s largest motorcycle auction held annually in Las Vegas.
Mecum Auctions is seeking an individual responsible for managing and implementing paid and organic search marketing initiatives. This role includes directly managing and improving Mecum’s paid media campaigns and strategy, analyzing and identifying SERP gaps, implementing organic search engine optimization strategies, and championing new marketing technology tools for both SEO and SEM channels.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A REMOTE JOB, IT WILL REQUIRE YOU TO WORK IN WALWORTH, WI. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CANNOT DO THIS.
• Content creation and implementation of paid search campaigns
• Optimize paid search, display, and paid social campaigns in Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin
• Identify, implement and test new opportunities in the paid advertising space
• Work directly with Director of Business Intelligence on the implementation of Google Analytics goals/properties and Google Tag Manager
• Manage digital media spend
• Extract campaign data, generate monthly client reports, quarterly reports, and ad-hoc reports, interpret and analyze results
• Maintain PPC and online marketing knowledge
• Meet or exceed CPA and ROAS goals for paid search
• Responsible for channel ROI metrics and ensuring all campaigns fall within the goals for channel spend and new customer acquisition numbers
• Work with the Digital Marketing Manager on channel recommendations and strategy improvement
• Conduct technical SEO audits to identify user experience opportunities and surface optimizations and action items for implementation
• Analyze and identify SERP gaps and create strategies to close gaps
• Work with the Director of IT to have top-line recommendations implemented
• Utilize Hubspot SEO recommendations on all Mecum web properties
• Make technology stack recommendations for improvement on SEO strategy
• Implement metadata, on-page SEO, and improve internal linking
• Develop image optimization initiatives
• Conduct keyword research, competitor gap analysis, and digital media budget forecasting
• Champion SEO best practices internally and lead SEO training sessions (content creators, writers, etc.) as needed
• Work with PR and Content Marketing teams to generate new inbound links from high-authority websites
• 2+ SEO and/or SEM channel management
• Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEO tracking tools such as SEMRUSH, Google Ads, Bing Ads, Paid Social Ad platforms
• HTML basics
• Google Ads Certified preferred
• Proficiency in Google Tag Manager
• Microsoft Excel
• Hubspot Knowledge preferred
• Salesforce CRM knowledge preferred