Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) is a nationally recognized and well-renown interdisciplinary firm of engineers, architects, and materials scientists dedicated to providing practical, innovative, and technically sound solutions for the built world. We specialize in the investigation, analysis, testing, and design of repairs for historic and contemporary structures. Supported by unparalleled laboratory and field testing capabilities, our team brings an enthusiasm for problem solving and a hands-on technical approach to every construction challenge.
During our more than sixty-year history, we have successfully completed more than 125,000 projects involving virtually every type of construction material, structural system, and architectural component. Thousands of clients, from individuals to large corporations to government agencies, rely on our experts to deliver better solutions to their construction-related problems.
The company has offices in major cities across the United States.
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE)is seeking talented and experienced candidates for a SharePoint Systems Administrator opening at its corporate headquarters in Northbrook, IL. WJE employs extraordinary people - talented individuals of outstanding character with a willingness to excel as members of the WJE team. If you believe you fit this profile and meet the qualifications detailed below, we want to hear from you!
The SharePoint Systems Administrator will have ownership over daily operations and will collaborate with Information Technology team members and other senior staff to manage and support two internally hosted SharePoint server farms. This role will work with staff to advance the interaction between SharePoint and other company applications and ensure that SharePoint is leveraged effectively to meet the needs of the firm.
- Manages SharePoint environment, including maintenance, security, and network configuration
- Serve as SharePoint subject matter expert and technical liaison for portal solutions
- Provides documentation of policies, procedures, and configurations for SharePoint applications
- Manages new SharePoint initiatives and enhances functionality of existing SharePoint operations
- Designs any architecture changes for SharePoint environments
- Monitors and manages farm performance and availability
- Integrates search strategy with other data sources (LOB, third-party products)
- Coordinates with application vendors and outside consultants as needed
- Keeps SharePoint environment up to date by applying necessary updates and patches
- Maintains SharePoint system security to ensure stability of environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability along with the ability to read and write. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, and other office equipment. Position mainly involves working at a desk and requires the ability to remain for extended periods at a workstation.