About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Theology, Arts & Humanities, College of Business, College of Education, and College of Health, Science & Technology, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and is consistently ranked among the Best Regional Universities-Midwest by U.S. News & World Report. For more than a decade, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more about our commitment to higher education, rooted in the Gospel, atCUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of social media concepts as evidenced by prior management of social media accounts for a business or organization
- Understanding of supporting application platforms and software and related issues
- Understanding of and hands-on experience managing social media in an organizational marketing-communications context
- Ability to develop and execute social media strategies that balance substantive content, visually appealing design and the ability to drive engagement
- Ability to react quickly to rapidly evolving technology, software and electronic communication platforms
- Experienced in successful creation of digital content strategy to include branded content creation for relevant social media platforms
- Ability to initiate ideas, develop concepts, review processes and ensure professional standards and high quality in all communications
- An understanding and passion for the social media universe
- Knowledge of paid digital advertising mediums and campaign management
- Familiarity working within website content management systems preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with excellent organization, planning and attention to details in collaboration with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and to consistently meet deadlines is essential
- Outstanding creative written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analysis and problem-solving skills with strong demonstrated familiarity with AP style
- Ability to prioritize projects and work both independently and in team settings
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement
Minimum Experience Required:
A minimum 1-3 years' experience in marketing/communications related to social media and/or digital marketing is required. Prior work experience in higher education is preferred.
A bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, social media, or related discipline is required