STAN’S – FIT FOR YOUR FEET, a family-owned retail shoe business in Milwaukee since 1950, is dedicated to providing shoes to men, women and kids with style, comfort, and fit in mind. Stan's specializes in having a pleasant atmosphere, a knowledgeable and caring staff committed to offering the finest in customer care, and the largest selection of sizes of quality footwear in Wisconsin. By providing excellence in fit, service, and quality, Stan's offers outstanding value, meets the diverse footwear needs of customers, and is growing as a healthy and enduring business.
In addition to quality in-store service, Stan's is committed to making a difference in the local Milwaukee community. Stan's also owns The Vionic Store Milwaukee and New Balance-Milwaukee.
We Care About Our Customers. As Stan said “Did you make a friend today?” We continue to make friends by caring for their individual shoe and style needs all while having a good time! We have been named Milwaukee’s #1 Shoe store by Milwaukee A-List, and Shepherd Express. We have also received a great honor as one of Wisconsin’s #1 Family Businesses with the “Sole of the Family Award.”
We Care About Our Community. We support serving and giving back to our community whenever and wherever possible. Stan’s supports:
- Stan's Share-A-Pair Shoe Drive allows us to assist our local Milwaukee community by donating shoes to local Milwaukee non-profits
- We also assist the greater world by donating shoes to Soles4Souls, an international non-profit that donates shoes to those in need
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin through their School Room Fund
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- TwoTen– Shoepeople Helping Shoepeople
We Care about Fun. It is our goal to make our teams and work environment rewarding, fun, and educational.
- Annual Employee Appreciation Party
- Stan’s Family Summer Picnic
- All-Store Meetings Sales Contests & Awards
- Fashion Shows
- Community Events i.e. Races, Community Runs, Expos, Fashion Shows
Full-time position in a field related to social media communication, email marketing or/and communications. We are looking for an experienced and creative Social Media & Marketing Specialist to join our team!
As a Social Media & Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for helping develop and implement our Social Media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts. Additionally, you will assist in the marketing department as needed with internal & external communication.
Required Qualities and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience
- Detail oriented; hard working; self starter; creative
- Exceptional verbal and written skills, creativity and ability to multitask.
- This position reports to the Marketing Director and will assist in managing all social communities as well as create and schedule content.
- Exceptional Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and Google Suite, Canva, InDesign, Photoshop, Social Scheduling Tools.
- Understanding and previous experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with Google Analytics History of creating and managing targeted Facebook ads and the ability to effectively report metrics.
- Understanding of how consumers engage with direct response advertisements on social media along with social media advertising best practices
- Photography/Videography Experience/Understanding is considered a huge plus
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator for MAC, MailChimp, WordPress
- Experience with Facebook, Facebook advertising, Instagram, Google, Linkedin, influencer relationships, and other forms of social media
- Ability to engage and represent the Stan’s collection of stores in the community
- Valid Drivers License is required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Requires a four-year degree in graphic design, marketing, advertising, or communications. Must have experience with social media channels and email marketing. Direct customer service experience is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively with a team and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and a drive for hard work. Proficiency in computer skills, including word processing and social media platforms, required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.